The 2-match T20 series Between Sri Lanka & Bangladesh will begin in Dhaka on 15th February 2018. After losing to Sri Lanka in the final of the triangular one-day international series and then consequent lose of 1-0 in the two-Test series against the same opponents, Bangladesh would be Expecting to bounce back strongly with a win in shorter format of the game. Sri Lanka Vs Bangladesh 1st T20 will be played on Thursday at Sher-e-Bangla National Cricket Stadium, Mirpur.
Match will be played at Sher-e-Bangla National Cricket Stadium, Dhaka. Pitch here is here is generally known to be spinners friendly. Average score per innings in this venue is around 135 runs per innings.
Venue and Stats:
- Average 1st innings score: 146
- Average 2nd innings score: 125
Sri Lanka Vs Bangladesh 1st T20 Team News:
- Both Tamim Iqbal and Mushfiqur Rahim could be out for the first Twenty20 International against Sri Lanka, on Wednesday owing to certain minor injuries. So Bangladesh Cricket Board have named Mohammad Mithun as a cover in the squad. Mithun is a wicketkeeper-batsman and has previously played 12 T20Is and three ODIs for Bangladesh.
- Also, Nazmul Hossain was Included earlier as a replacement For captain Shakib Al Hasan In the Squad , Who was ruled out of the two-match series after failing to recover from the finger injury he sustained in the tri-nation ODI series final.
- Angelo Mathews and Kusal Perera miss out due to injuries
- Kusal Mendis has been retained with the team.
Tamim Iqbal, Soumya Sarkar, Mushfiqur Rahim, Mahmudullah, Sabbir Rahman, Mustafizur Rahman, Rubel Hossain, Mohammad Saifuddin, Abu Hider Rony, Abu Jayed, Ariful Haque, Mehdi Hasan, Zakir Hasan, Afif Hossain, Nazmul Islam, Mohammad Mithun
Dinesh Chandimal(c), Upul Tharanga, Danushka Gunathilaka, Thisara Perera, Asela Gunaratne, Niroshan Dickwella, Dasun Shanaka, Isuru Udana, Shehan Madushanka, Jeffrey Vandersay, Akila Dananjaya, Amila Aponso, Jeevan Mendis, Asitha Fernando, Kusal Mendis
Expected Playing 11 :
Niroshan Dickwella, Upul Tharanga, Kusal Mendis, Dinesh Chandimal(c), Danushka Gunathilaka, Asela Gunaratne, Thisara Perera, Dasun Shanaka, Akila Dananjaya, Jeffrey Vandersay, Shehan Madushanka.
Tamim Iqbal, Soumya Sarkar, Mohammad Mithun, Mahmudullah, Sabbir Rahman, Ariful Haque, Mahedi Hasan, Mustafizur Rahman, Rubel Hossain, Mohammad Saifuddin, Nazmul Islam.